WHAT ARE COMBO BROWS?
Combo brows is a cosmetic semi-permanent makeup technique designed to create eyebrows with a Microblading strokes for the hair effect and Ombre/Shading for the fuller shape and colour effect. Microblading is done with a manual tool and Shading technique is done by using a permanent makeup device or tattoo machine.
Combo brows is the best technique for the clients who have very sparse eyebrows, little to no hair, or for who want to add definition to their brows. It creates the most natural looking result!
It is also a great alternative for clients that are not good candidates for the Microblading or Ombre brows only!
DETAILS OF THE TREATMENT
- Length of the treatment varies from 1.5-4 hours.
- The level of pain depends on the person’s sensitivity. Uncomfortable sensations at the beginning of the treatment may last about 10-15 min.
- Anaesthetic is applied before and during the treatment and the client is informed about this and he/she assumes liability.
- Side effects during and after the treatment:
- During the procedure there might be some minor bleeding. This will depend on the client’s skin structure and health conditions.
- What to expect after the treatment:
- The affected skin can be a little bit sore, swollen for the first few hours and then, sensitive and tender to the touch for a couple of days.
Still have more questions?
Should you still have more questions or inquiries, feel free to give us a shout
There will be moments when you will think that the colour is wrong and that you didn’t get what you wanted.
It will also be hard to resist scratching and picking the scabs. You might freak out when you wake up one morning and realize your brows are gone!
The Combo brows healing process requires a lot of patience and discipline, but it will be worth it in the end.
It is important to know that not everyone’s skin heals the same way. Some people might go through recovery quickly ( 4 weeks minimum healing) and without any noticeable scabs at all, while others need 6 weeks or more for their skin to heal.
Despite the application of the most advanced and the top-quality pigments, an allergic reaction is possible at any time, but it’s rare. The client is informed about this, and she/he assumes liability.
The pace of Combo brows recovery depends on several factors:
- your age
- your skin types
- your overall health
During and after the treatment temporary swelling, redness and itching may occur. Experience tells us that these symptoms are temporary and normal.
Small scabs will appear on the first day after the treatment. The size of the scabs will depend on the skin structure and if the client follows aftercare. The eyebrow pigment colour will appear darker 40%-50%, because of the scabs’ colour on the first week.
Depending on the skin structure, on the 3rd-7th day, the scabs start to peel off. Some pigment will peel off with the scabs. It might look like the pigment is disappearing completely from the skin at this point.
How much pigment stayed in the skin will only be visible 3 weeks minimum after the treatment. The pigment is absorbed differently, due to the difference of the skin quality, thus there is no warranty for the treatment’s success.
It should be noted that change in colour intensity will happen and that more treatments will be needed to complete the procedure. Each treatment can be done 4-6 weeks minimum apart, due to the skin healing period.
The minimum or maximum duration of the eyebrow treatment cannot be determined with certainty, nor can warranty be given on performed treatment.
In the first 2 weeks, the client is required to pay attention to the following:
- 1st day, right after the treatment:
- Clean brows with sterile water and cotton pad (damp, not soaking wet) or antiseptic, alcohol-free wipe.
- First hour clean brows every 10-15 minutes.
- Seconds hour clean brows every 20-25 minutes.
- From third hour and for the rest of the day clean brows every 1- 1,5 hour.
- Cleaning of the eyebrows must be done very gently; no hard pressure should be used and done in the direction of the brow’s hair growth.
- 2nd day and every day, until all scabs peel off (about one week):
- Cleaning is not needed anymore.
- Apply a very little amount of the provided cream 1-2 times a day. Do it with a cotton bud. Cream application must be done in the direction of the brow’s hair growth.
- You can stop the aftercare routine after all scabs have peeled off (scabs might appear just as a flaking of the dry skin).
- Carry on using the cream if skin still feels dry.
- What to avoid during the first 2 weeks:
- Public bathing, sunbeds, sunbathing, sauna, beauty treatments, make up on the eyebrows area, intense exercise (because of heavy sweating), contact with dust.
- Don’t touch the area of the brows, until they have healed (unless you need to clean them).
- Do not wet the treated area in the shower or other way (unless you clean first day after the treatment) until all scabs are gone.
- To avoid any possible complications, please wash your hands with antibacterial soap before any aftercare treatments.
- Permanent make up always leads to skin injury. Therefore, it is important to nurture your skin carefully and gently after the treatment, to allow healing without any complications.
Inadequate care in the healing phase of the skin can lead to poor results, infections or health problems and VILMA KARALIUTE cannot be liable for this.
TOP UP TREATMENT
The first correction is done in 4-6 weeks after the first treatment. For oily skin types or other problematic skin types (very dry, sweaty, capillaries close to the surface of the skin, etc.) it is necessary to perform more corrections.
3 treatments can be done in total, with a minimum of 4 weeks healing time in between each treatment.
HOW LONG THE RESULTS LAST
- There are no guarantees for how long the results of the Combo brows treatment will last. It depends on the skin structure, aftercare, age, lifestyle, health, etc.
- Clients should avoid affecting the treated area or skin around it with harsh rubbing, sunbathing, and excessive sweating.
- Always avoid laser treatments over the treated area (Fraxel, IPL), because they can destroy the pigment; chemical peels, fruit acids, microdermabrasion, creams that contain regeneration factors, inhalation.
- Faster fading of the pigment can occur if the client uses any antibiotics or hormonal therapy.
- The pigment changes colour in time. Some of the pigment’s shades leave the skin first, due to the molecule structure of that pigment.
- Colour appearance depends on the skin tone, skin condition, health, and eyebrow maintenance as well. Therefore, in time, it is normal for the pigment to appear lighter or with a grey, cooler undertone.
VILMA KARALIUTE is not liable in all cases mentioned bellow.